Application Portal is now OPen!
Deadline is August 1st
The APS DFD External Affairs Committee is responsible for the education and outreach activities of the DFD. The DFD wishes to promote the subject of fluid dynamics and help those who find the financial burden of the meeting difficult. The DFD will provide travel grants to a small number of individuals. These grants aim to:
- Support undergraduates to attend the annual meeting;
- Support graduate students or investigators within 3 years of their faculty appointment and who lack other support to attend the annual meeting;
- Support scientists from other countries to attend the meeting. Preference will be given to scientists from developing countries who could not ordinarily attend the meeting.
Submit application here
Types of Grants
The APS/DFD provides three kinds of travel grants:
- Travel subsidy grants are for part of the costs and are awarded to qualified participants as follows:
- US, Canada, and Mexico: up to approximately $500 travel subsidy
- Other Countries: up to approximately $1000 travel subsidy
- Preference will be given to undergraduate and graduate student presenters, and to applicants who have partial funding to support their travel costs.
- Enabling travel grants provide full support to a select few scientists who would otherwise be unable to attend the meeting. Priority will be given to researchers for whom the meeting also comes at a timely point in their career and who have not previously attended a DFD meeting (applicants should address these points in their application).
- DFD has initiated a pilot program of grants to assist conference participants with disabilities. The program is designed to provide financial assistance to APS/DFD members who will have to incur additional expenses due to disability to enable them to participate in the annual November meeting.
Generally, no more than one award will be given to applicants from the same research group, and strong preference will be given to applicants who have not received such an award in the past.
Contact Melissa Green (email@example.com) (include the phrase “APSDFD Travel Grants” in the subject line).