APS is in the process of phasing out the abstract submission system that has been in place for nearly twenty years. Much of the submission process will remain the same, aside from a different user interface. All of the APS rules and guidelines for submissions will still apply.
One of the primary differences that you will see this year is a requirement for a submitter to have a web account. Most APS members and some prior meeting attendees already have one. Please note that a web account is different from an APS membership. A web account is free and simply allows APS the ability to better coordinate submissions, RSVPs, registration, and the mobile app.
If you do not already have a web account, we encourage you to create one by visiting this site. We encourage you to submit your abstract early due to the new system.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION WILL OPEN JUNE 1st
Deadline for abstract submission is August 1st
- Contributed abstracts must be submitted online at http://abstracts.aps.org (AFTER JUNE 1st but not later than August 1, 2018)
- Invited speakers should submit abstracts to: abstracts.aps.org/invited (AFTER JUNE 1st but no later than August 1, 2018)
- Minisymposia speakers should submit abstracts to: abstracts.aps.org/invited (AFTER JUNE 1st but no later than August 1, 2018)
Questions? Contact email@example.com or (301) 209-3290.
- Authors of contributed abstracts are limited to one abstract (oral or poster) as first author.
- The first author should always be the presenting author.
- If more than one contributed abstract is submitted with the same first author, one abstract will be placed in a regular session and other abstracts may be rejected at the organizers’ discretion.
- Invited speakers may submit one contributed abstract as first author in addition to their invited abstract.
- Abstracts in the education categories do not count against the one abstract limit.
- Speakers in minisymposia or focus sessions may not submit contributed abstracts as first author in addition to their minisymposium or focus session abstract.
To submit an abstract, you need:
- Name and ordering of authors
- Sorting category. Here is a preview of the abstract sorting categories.
- Abstract content, 1300 characters maximum.
To submit an abstract to the 2018 DFD Meeting, select '71st Annual Meeting of the APS Division of Fluid Dynamics' option and follow the instructions. NOTE: THIS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE UNTIL JUNE 1st.